Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Discovering 2014: 365 Days of Crafting and DIY



I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions. I'm either going to do something or I won't.

A few days ago I was lamenting that I didn't get as many projects done in 2013 as I wanted, including wanting to give out handmade gifts this year. That made me think of all the pins I've re-pinned on Pinterest thinking "what a great idea/inspiration!", and how few of them I've actually done something with. Whether it's food, DIY, crafts, upcycling, or just fun side-projects, I think having something you can look on and feel a sense of accomplishment is a goal we all should have.

So for 2014 I'm not making a resolution. I know I'm not perfect, that life is not perfect, and that eventually I may miss a day here and there. I'm making a goal to do one project--big or small--each day in 2014, and then make a brief blog post sharing what I did. I call this goal Discovering 2014.

It's possible I may have to switch up my daily plans depending on supplies/time. I'm definitely going to try my best to stick with this and maybe it can become a permanent trend in my life. Any suggestions on projects would be appreciated!

UPDATE: This year's completed projects can now be viewed on the 2014 Projects page.


Have a great New Years, everyone!
-Ann

1 comment:

  1. You're going to need a LOT of drier lint for those fire starters! About 20x what you think!

    ReplyDelete