Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Support Oklahoma with Knot Krazy

I am a former resident of both Oklahoma City and Del City. I was there during the May 3, 1999 tornado, watching and listening with stunned horror from my back window as the F5 tornado tore up parts of Tinker AFB. On that day in 1999, Moore, OK was hit very hard.. a friend of mine who lived there (and was thankfully not home) only had one small corner of his home and his cat remaining. It is a day I will never forget.

Yesterday's tornado that once again hit Moore was just as, if not more, devastating. These people have been through so much and it's important to help out our fellow human beings in whatever way we can. One of my co-workers, Lori, lives in Oklahoma and is selling "Pray for Oklahoma" paracord bracelets in her Etsy Shop, Knot Krazy. 100% of the proceeds will go directly to the Red Cross and not only will your money go to a good cause, but you can physically show your support as well.

Head over to Knot Krazy, or if you prefer, you can donate directly to Red Cross on their website. I wish all the best to the people of Moore and my thoughts are with the families struggling with the loss of loved ones in the aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment