Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Discovering 2014: Sugar Sprinkles Cookies

.Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Today's project was Sugar Sprinkles Cookies. Yes, these are just sugar cookies with sprinkles on them, but hey, I've never made homemade sugar cookies before (the husband normally does the baking) so it's a first for me!

The recipe from Averie Cooks was spot-on and the only problem I had was having to lengthen my cook times, but I think that's because I made my cookies larger than they did. Especially the giant cookies.

WHAT?! GIANT COOKIES?? Well, check out my pictures of the creation process!
During the butter/sugar creaming process.
After the butter and sugar were creamed well.
Mixing in the vanilla extract and egg.
After mixing in the flour, baking powder and salt.
Sprinkles! Pre-mixing.
Sprinkles, mixed in!
Packed up for the fridge.
Several hours later...

On the baking pan, before smushing them flatter.
GIANT COOKIES! This is what I did after baking two trays.
Cookie with some Whipped Cream Frosting from yesterday. Taste = awesome.
The baked giant cookies, before my children ate them.

I ended up with 16 normal cookies and 3 giant cookies.

Tomorrow's project is a Love Pendant!

No comments:

Post a Comment