Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Discovering 2014: Dollar Store Serving Tray

Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Today's project was a Dollar Store Serving Tray, based off of this pin from The Crafting Chicks. I chose to only add one tier instead of two since my local Dollar Store's dish options were quite lacking. My kitchen storage space is quite limited at the moment, anyway.

There were two stoneware plates to choose from at my dollar store so I went for the most appealing one. I also picked up a glass candlestick and a four pack of plastic bowls (they didn't have any stoneware or glass bowls). Total cost: $3.


I chose to use hot glue and applied some to the inside rim of the candlestick, then centered the bowl on it. After that cooled and dried I went around the outside lip of the candlestick to get a better bond.

You can also glue the candlestick to the plate (or, like the pin above, make a stack of plates), but I chose not to for storage purposes. Having them separate will also make cleanup a bit easier!

Tomorrow's project is Foil Starlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment