Saturday, March 8, 2014

Discovering 2014: Egg Carton Flowers

Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Today's project was Egg Carton Flowers, inspired by this pin. When I started this we had an internet outage, so I had to go off of months-old memory for this one. This is a kid-friendly project, though depending on age you may want to pre-cut the cartons.

Before diving in though, I'd like to take a brief moment to celebrate blog post #100! Wooooo! *throws around confetti*

All you need for this is an egg carton, scissors, paint and pipe cleaners (optional).

I cut out some egg cups and went for four simple, rounded petals on each. For the center hole I used an awl, but scissors should work fine as well.

Then the painting began! This took a good part of the day while waiting for it to dry.

After the petals dried, I painted in some center color.

I only had to gently reopen the holes after it all dried, then my six year old and I got the pipe cleaners on the flowers.

Does that vase look familiar? It's from my Mod Podge experiment during the Faux Sea Glass project. After sitting around an extra day, the second coat had ended up drying clear!

Now we have some flowers on our dining room table while thinking warm thoughts of spring...

Tomorrow's project is Whipped Shortbread!

No comments:

Post a Comment