Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Discovering 2014: Embroidery Floss Wrapped Cord

Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Today's project was an Embroidery Floss Wrapped Cord. This is exactly how it sounds... you wrap embroidery floss around a cord! Silly me chose a cord that's 6.5' long, so I've gone through one skein of floss thus far, though that hasn't quite reached the halfway point. This can definitely be time consuming!

Keep a clip of some sort on hand in case you need to set it down, then you shouldn't lose your place. To start the wrap I held down the starter and began wrapping the cord around that.


I just continued with a tight wrap, and at the end of my first skein I tied it off. Since I was doing this during lulls in work it took me a couple of hours to get through it; I think without work it still would have been close to an hour.

I plan on finishing it, but probably this weekend instead! It's a cool way to customize and organize your cords, but be prepared to invest some time on the project.

Tomorrow's project is a Dollar Store Serving Tray!

No comments:

Post a Comment