Friday, March 7, 2014

Discovering 2014: Pancake Bites

Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Good morning! Today's project was Pancake Bites, following the directions from this pin. The simple version is to bake pancake batter in a muffin pan at 350°F for 12-14 minutes, but you can add more to jazz up the bites!

I'm not remotely close to a morning person, so using a Bisquick mix sounded much more appealing to me at 8:30am compared to making my own. I used one of the modified versions they offer that includes 1tsp vanilla extract and 2tsp baking powder (halved to 1/2 and 1, respectively).

While mixing the batter I also cooked up a couple pieces of bacon and chopped them up. I didn't mix in the bacon and added them on top instead. You could also add other things like cooked ham, frozen fruit, and maybe even jellies.

I decided to use a mini muffin pan instead of the normal-sized pan shown in the pin, because to me the word "bite" signifies something small. Most of it got filled up! Remember to use non-stick cooking spray before adding in the batter.

Into the oven it went for 12 minutes at 350°F. Here they are fresh out of the oven:

Only one Pancake Bite broke trying to remove it, so the non-stick spray worked very well. I put some syrup in a side dish and enjoyed breakfast!

Since everyone else was at school or work I had quite a few leftovers, which I've stored in tupperware in the refrigerator. Tomorrow I'll have a few more for breakfast and see how they taste reheated.

Tomorrow's project is Egg Carton Flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment