Monday, February 17, 2014

Discovering 2014: Fabric Covered Tin Cans

Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Today's project was Fabric Covered Tin Cans. It was supposed to be a Confetti Bowl, but I didn't have all the supplies like I thought I did, so I swapped the two days. Hopefully I can obtain the appropriate supplies this evening!

The tin can project is quite simple. Wash out some tin cans (I only used cans without a sharp inside lip), size your fabric scraps to fit around them, then apply Mod Podge with a foam brush on the exterior of the can while slowly wrapping the fabric around. You can paint the can beforehand if you want to make it stand out more.

That's all there is to it! Use them to store whatever floats your fancy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment