Saturday, February 8, 2014

Discovering 2014: Homemade Valentines

Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Today's project was Homemade Valentines. It was supposed to be Bubble Wands, but I swapped the two since one of my kids needs to take his Valentines in early on Monday.

For this I used Microsoft Publisher to make the Valentine cards, but I imagine you get about the same result using Microsoft Word or similar software. You could also write them out by hand if you're feeling overly ambitious! After I was happy with what I had, I test printed them out (to make sure I remembered how to align the front/back correctly), then finally printed them out on cardstock.

To go along with the color sayings, we included little baggies I got on clearance from Michaels with crayons.. that I also got a box of 200 on clearance from Michaels. :) We originally had all eight colors in the baggies, but then I realized there were too many needed (48 bags total!), so we dropped it down to four each.


Tomorrow's project is Homemade Cheez-Its!

No comments:

Post a Comment