Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Discovering 2014: Whipped Cream Frosting

Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Today's project was Whipped Cream Frosting. I followed this recipe from Key Ingredient exactly and it turned out beautifully. The only difference was that mine yielded 4.5 cups instead of 5 cups... and I swear I didn't eat 1/2 cup! ;) Whenever I do this again in the future I'll have to try out other flavors (update using cinnamon here!).

This would be great to use as a fruit dip, on graham crackers, as topping or on cookies. Pictures of the creation process are below!
Cream cheese, sugar and the two extracts, prior to mixing.
I forgot to get a pic of this mixed before adding the cream, sorry!
With one cup of heavy cream added. You can still see the texture of the
cream cheese mixing process on the paddle a bit.
After adding the second cup of heavy cream.
A bit blurry, but this is when it really started to thicken up.
At this point it was nice and whipped (and tasty)!
All finished and in a container!
Have I mentioned that it's tasty yet?
Tomorrow's project is Sugar Sprinkles Cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment