Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Discovering 2014: WigJig Barrette

Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Today's project was a WigJig Barrette, using this tutorial found on Pinterest. I didn't have 16 gauge wire so I used 18 gauge, and since I didn't have the super pegs for my WigJig Delphi I only needed about 6" of wire for the body and 3-4" of wire for the stick pin.

Placement of the pegs
Wrapping the wire around the pegs
Curving it slightly
The pin with a charm
In my ponytailed hair
Because I have very fine hair, barrettes slip out like it's butter. I put my hair in a ponytail to keep it in place, and the pin felt pretty secure once I slid it in. I'm sure someone with thick hair would make much better use of it. The charm I used, while it felt light, kept tipping the barrette down in my hair. I ended up wrapping some extra hair around the opposite end to keep it somewhat straight for the picture above.

It was an interesting project, but sadly not much use to me personally. Hopefully some of you could try it out and let me know how it works!

Tomorrow's project is Cookie Sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment