Friday, February 14, 2014

Discovering 2014: Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops & Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Today's project was Ranch Crockpot Pork Chops and Garlic Cheddar Biscuits. The crockpot pork chop recipe was from Life in the Lofthouse and the Garlic Cheddar Biscuit recipe was from Jenna's Journey.

I don't have many in-progress photos because one you simply dumped in a crockpot to cook all day and the other only took a couple minutes to mix up. They both turned out tasty, and the recipes are sound. My kids devoured both for dinner (they even had extras on the biscuits). I do have a few comments, included with the pics below!

The pork chops turned out fine. My gravy wasn't as thick as shown on the recipe, but it may be because my husband accidentally got one can of Cream of Mushroom soup (someone had put it in the Cream of Chicken soup section, oops!). The gravy still tasted fine, anyway, though I think I'll try Cream of Broccoli next time.

The pork was tender enough to easily cut with a fork. I cooked it for six hours on low, occasionally stirring and flipping.

The biscuits were simple and mixed up in only a few minutes.

It recommends refridgerating them for 15 minutes, and I actually had them in for almost 30 minutes. I wish I had them in longer though because they did not want to shape nicely. While they tasted just like I would imagine garlic cheddar biscuits would, my youngest child put it aptly when he stated that "Mom made us garlic cheddar pancakes!"

Next time with the biscuits I think I'll grate up a cheddar cheese block rather than use pre-shredded cheese, and probably cool the dough for several hours.

Then dinner was served! Everyone ate well and it was a rare meal where none of my children complained. That's a score in my book!

Tomorrow's project is Paper Bag Booklets!

No comments:

Post a Comment