Saturday, February 15, 2014

Discovering 2014: Paper Bag Booklets

Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Today's project was Paper Bag Booklets. This is a great project to do with the kids or for a cute and simple personalized gift. The idea came from this blog post by Stellaire.

I followed most of her instructions but I decided to cut the side flaps out instead of gluing the front and back together. My pages weren't as thick but they were still perfectly functional.

The first booklets I made were following the suggestion of cutting at 3" from the top of a lunch bag. I did this to three bags, then also cut off the side flaps.

I stapled the middle, then used some washi tape to wrap around, not only to cover the staples, but also because it made it a bit more book-like. You may notice that there are narrower booklets pictured as well: I also used those side flaps I cut out to make mini-booklets!

I decided to take off another section of the bag and make one booklet for myself. This one I used my rectangle hole punch and yarn to make a binding.

The other booklets my younger two children used, which are pictured at the top--one did stickers and the other wrote about snowboarding. The yarn-bound one I used to start a booklet, which will hopefully be a fun little gift when it's completed! :)

Tomorrow's project is Homemade Nutter Butters!

No comments:

Post a Comment