Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Discovering 2014: Cookie Bowls?

Discovering 2014 is a personal goal to complete a daily project throughout the year!

Today's project was Cookie Bowls. As you can see, something didn't go as planned. My results reminded me of this:

So what happened? I started off using the Sugar Cookie Dough recipe from earlier this month, and I think that's where I went wrong. I probably should have went with a chocolate chip cookie dough recipe, or something that uses less butter, because I think they ended up separating.
Before baking.
After baking.
I hadn't used all my dough, so I made a few normal cookies with it after seeing this just to make sure it wasn't me messing up the dough. I guess a fail was eventually bound to happen!

So while I was pondering whether or not to bother trying to do another recipe for this at 8pm at night (decided not to), I worked a bit more on my very slow process of learning to crochet. I completed rows three and four, though I have no idea what I'm making!

Row three!
Row four!
Tomorrow's project is Flavored Marshmallows. I'll likely enlist the husband for assistance with this one as he has 100% more experience using gelatin!

In case you're curious why the cookies look a bit green: that's because they are. I used some of my blue and yellow Edible Glitter in the mixture, and it tinted the dough green!

No comments:

Post a Comment